Anyone who supports and promotes Recovery is welcome to become a Member of Recovery Devon. There is no membership fee, although donations are always welcome.
Membership is a sign of your commitment to Recovery. It also brings a number of benefits relating to your involvement with Recovery Devon.
Join Recovery Devon
You can sign-up with our form here, or download a PDF version if you prefer, which can be filled out electronically and emailed, or by hand and posted.
Membership of Recovery Devon offers any or all of these opportunities:
- Helping to set our direction of travel
- Voting on who will manage the company
- Receive our newsletter with a summary of the latest news and events around Recovery
- Join and use our forums for informal or expert discussions, ask and answer questions about mental health
- Attend meetings to hear about what we’re doing and influence how we work
- Travel expenses within Devon up to 100 miles
- Get involved in projects and innovative ways to enable Recovery for others
- Access the Recovery Library and other useful resources…read below for details
Recovery Devon work closely with Devon Recovery Learning Community, who provide courses to learn about self-care and Recovery in general. They also have a Recovery library with several hundred books about mental health from research to auto-biography.
We also partner with various organisations for short or long-term projects. As a member you will have access to the DRLC Library, early notice of our Development Fund rounds and any benefits we can make possible related to the projects we’re involved in.
About Recovery Devon
Recovery Devon is a partnership of people with direct experience of mental health issues, alongside people who provide mental health services, and family, friends and other supporters. We are passionate about improving knowledge, understanding and experiences around mental health and wellbeing.
We have a Management Board which organises Recovery Devon activities. We meet as a board at monthly intervals and hold a public event each quarter, providing a safe space to explore Recovery ideas, focused on hope, inclusion, empowerment and living a meaningful life. Recovery Devon works to directly influence the planning, commissioning and delivery of services.
We are a Community Interest Company, limited by guarantee. We have a constitution which includes a set of aims and objectives, to:
- Promote the philosophy of Recovery and the practice of Recovery oriented approaches to mental health and wellbeing.
- Engage in activities to support this, including collaborations with other people and organisations, across a range of cultures.
- Seek members and supporters who endorse and promote these aims