We’re delighted to announce the winners of our Development Fund for 2018.
The Recovery Devon Development Fund was launched in 2015 and makes small grants of up to £750 to Recovery-focused projects across Devon.
Having already supported twenty projects over the past two years, we are delighted to announce this year’s winning applications.
- ‘Wellbeing in Nature’ will be running a series of outdoor sessions at Hakeford Woods near Barnstaple
- SPLITZ will be running primary school sessions for children affected by domestic violence
- Tiverton Community Radio will be investing in equipment leading to a series of mental health recordings and podcasts
- John Bryant will add to his collection of Djembe Drums enabling larger group performances Margaret Turner will be running a project called ‘Reading for Recovery’
- Westward Housing will run a gardening service from Mortimer House
- ‘Mental Health Muscle’ gym instructors will receive Mental Health First Aid Training
- Stop Abuse For Everyone (SAFE) will be helped with their peer-support group
- A number of patients at Langdon Hospital with be able to take part in ‘Horsemanship for Health’ sessions.
These nine very different projects were chosen from a total of twenty eight high-quality applications, and we wish we were in a position to support more.
We would like to thank everyone who applied. Later this year, when we hold our annual Celebration Day, we hope to be able to announce next year’s fund.